Stargate Alpha Site
- Any Stargate Prestige class that gives weapon proficiencies that overlap with existing proficiencies instead gives weapon proficiency points one may spend in the Spycraft fashion.
- When Stargate and Spycraft feats are clearly the same feat augmented and/or renamed, select the one you prefer. Either one will fulfill the prerequisites as if it were either feat.
- Scientist upgrade: Change the core ability to double action dice for intelligence skills.
- Since skills are slightly different in the two systems we will be using spycraft skills. Some stargate classes have skills they do not have in spycraft and vice versa, If either version of the class has a skill listed as a class skill, then it or it’s newly renamed version is available as a class skill to the character. For example, Stargate Scientists have the Diplomacy skill, but Spycraft Scientists do not have the Impress skill(Diplomacy renamed), so they would have the Impress skill available in this game.
- Spycraft 2.0 changed the cross class skills system, we won’t be using the double cost same cap rule. Additionally, if a skill becomes a class skill it will stay one through any class changes. When a skill becomes a class skill with existing .5 value ranks in it, they will be upgraded into 1 rank each, thus filling the skill up to it’s new proper value.
- Spycraft and Stargate gear are both available, but most will find Stargate gear to be much more appropriate and useful. There are a few changes we’ll be making to the Stargate gear bundles.
- Standard SG Team Bundle: Add a pistol and knife of your choice.
- Stacking bundles up to get more than one non-pistol weapon affords the option to swap them out for a SCAR rifle of choice. Also any primary assault rifle or larger weapon can be swapped out for a SCAR at a one to one ratio.
- MALP Upgrades: http://www.draganfly.com/uav-helicopter/draganflyer-x6a/ built in and self launching.
+1 Gear Pick: Improved software capable of running advanced search patterns and using target recognition to send alerts.
+1 Gear Pick: Two pairs of sunglasses with HUDs and eye movement tracking cameras linked to the drone for movement and targeting.
- Autofire is dramatically under-powered relative to a three round burst. In order to make Autofire worth considering as an option, I am inverting the penalty to hit. Recoil will still be a factor so don’t autofire unless your strength exceeds the recoil requirement of your weapon. The principle here is that if you fire more bullets at the target, your chances of hitting them at least once should go up dramatically.
If you fire 3 bullets in autofire mode, you get +1 to hit but can only hit once, 3 round burst has no bonus to hit, but could hit all 3 times. If you fire 9 bullets in autofire mode, you get +3 to hit and could hit 3 times, but compared to the burst you have used up a full action instead of a half action and a lot more bullets.
A full burst of 30 bullets would give you a +10 to hit and the chance of hitting up to 10 times, but you would have just used 30 bullets on the same target so such things are to be expected.